Lacy Danes

Feb 15
2007
I survived…

Well I survived Valentines Day.
Today was the first Vday in a long time that I didn’t have a date and didn’t receive a flower. My kids and Nanny provided chocolate so I did celebrate a bit with them. Though there was no romantic love to have a drink with and fall into wild passionate kinky sex with after the kids were in bed.

Being a Romance Author, this day holds a bit of appeal to me. So I awoke this AM thinking Red, yes I must wear red today. I pulled out one of my matching pairs of red bra and undies, knowing full well no one would see them. But you know just wearing them I felt sexy, romantic. So this was a valentine to me. lol. Next went on the thigh highs, black skirt, girly red top and patent leather high heals. Top that off with some nice red lipstick and I was out the door. Feeling good… feeling romantic….feeling sexy.

I got to work and went through my day putting fire after fire out. Work has gotten insane…. But that is another story for another time…. I talked to my friends wished them happy V-days and things are good.

Picked up the kids had dinner, laughed and giggled, then put them to bed. The day flew by.

Now I sit, trying to decide if I should log in to work and finish the tests I was working on today or start on that story I really want to write. The problem is… IT IS VALENTINES DAY. Shouldn’t I be with a guy doing what the characters in my books do? Sure I wish I was. Even know what guy I want to be with…

But you know, I’m okay. This is okay.

So I popped open a beer, opened up some of the chocolate my kids gave me, and I’m settling in to write that novella I have been wanting to spend time on.

I am celebrating this day with me… It is not ideal, but I’m okay with that.

Happy Valentines Day!
Hugs and Kisses,
Lacy.

8 comments to “I survived…”

1. Shelli Stevens
      · February 15th, 2007 at 1:15 am · Link

You know, I’ve been in relationships and all, but I’ve never had that ‘ideal’ Valentine’s night. In fact, I think you’d be surprised how many couples skip right over V day. IMHO, it’s shoved down society’s throat too much and they’re rebelling.

I say enjoy your beer, enjoy your singlehood, and write the best damn novella you can. It is after all, just another day. 🙂 (See, I can be a total cynic)

2. Lacy Danes
      · February 15th, 2007 at 1:29 am · Link

LOL Shelli!

Yes, it is very commercial, and it is just another day, but so many people rush through life without taking that moment to celebrate love.

I tend to not do that, I love to celebrate it daily, but most people don’t. Why is that?
    Hugs,
    Lacy.

3. Shelli Stevens
      · February 15th, 2007 at 1:32 am · Link

I don’t know. Jobs, Bills, STDS get in the way. 😀

4. Lacy Danes
      · February 15th, 2007 at 1:35 am · Link

LOL. Excuses, excuses. Get out there and celebrate… Daily!

😛

Lacy.

5. danetteb
      · February 15th, 2007 at 3:51 am · Link

I alway keep a bag of Dove milk chocolate on hand, life goes a little smoother with them around.

6. Lacy Danes
      · February 15th, 2007 at 12:38 pm · Link

Danetteb,
    Chocolate sure does help make things better… I have that daily too!

My fave is dark chocolate.

Yummy
    Lacy.

7. Sasha White
      · February 18th, 2007 at 12:43 pm · Link

You know, I’ve NEVER had a Valentines Sweetheart. LOL I did get a couple of cards this year, no flowers or dates though. 🙁

8. Jenanne
      · February 19th, 2007 at 2:12 pm · Link

Even if it is a commercial day, I think the point should be a day to think about love…of all kinds. I knew several people who made it a day about family love, or friend love. I saw several families out to dinner that night together, making it a time for each other. That, to me, makes it a wonderful holiday, no matter what your relationship status.

I’m glad you found a way to enjoy it for yourself!

Jenanne