Lacy Danes

May 6
2009
A Busy Good Few Weeks

The last few weeks have been filled with lots of good things. My mom came out for a visit, I got a new puppy, I went to SEAF and I sold my short story Decent Exposure to Harlequin for their SPICE BREIFS line.

I love when my mom is here. Living so far from family I sometimes forget what it is like to have someone there to lean on. My mom and dad are wonderful sweet people and I just love when they come to visit. We spent most of the time with my kids and playing with the new puppy, but on the last night it was just me and mom. We went out to the local pub and had a beer and sat and talked about investments and life and other stuff. It was such an amazing time.

While my mom was here I attended SEAF. The photo of me is from that night. I love this event. The people watching is what inspires me the most. couples, singles, groups and friends, kinky, vanilla, straight, bi, gay, old and young and any other orientation all together to celebrate erotic. The burlesque was amazing to watch.

The most wonderful news though was that I sold my short story DECENT EXPOSURE to Harlequin. I love writing for this line and seeing the first short I wrote for them just came out in print in NAUGHTY BITS as the first story in the book I am simply delighted to be still writing for them… I wonder what my cover will be like for this one. Here is the PublishersMarketPlace blurb for this sale.

Lacy Danes’s DECENT EXPOSURE, involving a woman’s and man’s first in-person encounter into dominance and submission after meeting and playing online, to Susan Pezzack-Swinwood at Harlequin Spice Briefs, by Roberta Brown of the Brown Literary Agency

Grin.

Hugs and Kisses,
Lacy.
PS. My new puppy is named Cooper (my kids named him after my car). He is 15 weeks old and a Havana Silk Dog.

10 comments to “A Busy Good Few Weeks”

1. LuAnn
      · May 7th, 2009 at 3:10 pm · Link

That little guy is amazingly cute! Glad you had a good visit with your mom.

2. Lacy Danes
      · May 7th, 2009 at 4:51 pm · Link

Thanks. LuAnn. He has been an absolute joy! Poor little thing received a shot yesterday and his leg is all sore today from it. Every time he rolls over on that side he whimpers. 🙁

3. Anonymous
      · May 9th, 2009 at 12:16 am · Link

Make sure you use the special shampoo on his face, their tears and saliva discollor their fur and make it red later on… Glad things are going well… hope to talk to you sometime…

Your friend… forever.

Big Bad Wolf

4. Jane E. Jones
      · May 12th, 2009 at 11:57 am · Link

What an adorable dog! He’s gorgeous. Makes me want one just like him 😉

5. Lacy Danes
      · May 15th, 2009 at 12:13 am · Link

Big Bad Wolf, I will have to look for that shampoo. though so far he’s fur is unchanged in color from them. Hope you are well.

Jane, He is adorable and sweet and such a lover. I adore him to pieces… that is when he is not peeing on my carpet!

Hugs,
    Lacy.

6. Anonymous
      · May 16th, 2009 at 9:22 pm · Link

Lacy… if you want to make sure your dog doesn’t pee inside then clean the area with vinegar and water solution; 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water should do just fine… rub his nose in it… give him a stern NO and then clean it with the mixture… Spray bottles work great as vinegar does not die out quickly… Lucky you that the nice weather is around and you can open windows nice and wide to get rid of the smell.

Ciao bellissima,

Big Bad Wolf

P.S. Still catch myself thinking of you once in a while!

7. Caffey
      · May 17th, 2009 at 12:17 am · Link

Hi Lacy!!! Came by to visit! Love coming here! Do you think you can put up that gadget of ‘Follow’ so I can follow when you have a new post up and all? I hate missing anything with you and your books!!

You’ve been busy with family and writing and more! I miss my mom. I loved when she came and I went to visit her. We exchanges romances to read always! I remember starting that when I had a daily visit to her in her room and picking out a book each night to read from hers and bringing her some from the library!

Congrats on selling a Spice Brief! I didn’t realize you were in the anthology! I do have it down already on my wishlist to get! I use the EBookWise reader so I missed some of those since they don’t have it in my format.

Oh the puppy is adorable!! I would love a small dog (not a big one) but I do have 2 cats and love their company!

Have a great weekend! Cathie
    tbranxiety @ yahoo . com

8. Lacy Danes
      · May 18th, 2009 at 11:01 am · Link

Caffey,
    Family is amazing. My mom reads all of my books before I send them in. She gives me her opinion on them.

To follow my blog, over to the right just under my photo. simply click on:

Hugs to you!
    Lacy.

9. Lacy Danes
      · May 18th, 2009 at 11:03 am · Link

Big Bad Wolf,
    How many puppies do you have now?

Thanks for the tip on the peeing. The last few days we have been more successful in going outside!

Hugs,
    Lacy.

10. Anonymous
      · May 18th, 2009 at 11:20 am · Link

Lacy, have had 2 pups for a while now… honestly I think they are much happier when they have a companion to hang out with when there is no one at home… they seem happier and more entertained PLUS they are much much less destructive when they have someone else to mess around with. It tends to be a bit harder to find people to take care of the 2 critters but I think its worth the trouble.

I think you need a little girly pup to call her Minnie and be Cooper’s friend!!